I,m lucky I have 3 different one, A Vanguard S2, A 1952 Model 270, plan Jane, and A Sako A7, new. All are just a as accurate below a inch at a hundred yard,

is all I require. The Vanguard is a Stainless model, very reliable, a little heavy, with a great trigger, hold 6 shells. The model 70 is the cheapest model made it was a hand me down.

Still very accurate, a little heavy like the Vanguard. I like the controls on it better than the other 2 especially the safety. The Sako A7 is the Lightest of the three, and always produces

more speed from a given load than the other 2 usually 30 to 40 FPS. I line the 3 lug bolt, and the action is very smooth, the Vanguard is second smoothest. Not crazy about the Magazine

Hard to remove, of course they will not fall out. Hard to decide which I like most. Just about equal. I would also look at the all stainless Model 70.

One more thing, not that it matters but the bore and rifling on the Sako is far superior to the other 2 , the Model 70 is very good, but i do not know how many rounds went thru it.

The Vanguard has a very rough bore. I guess they are in a hurry when it come to Cutting the rifling.

Last edited by GunTruck50; 02/16/21.