This is from Paul Shirley's Can I Keep My Jersey?. At the time, he was with the Grand Rapids Hoops of the CBA.

"I barged into our locker room prior to a recent game to find some of my teammates embroiled in a heated debate. They could not come to a consensus regarding the number of states in our country.... Two thought there were fifty, while the others contended that fifty-two was a more likely answer. But neither party could win the support of the other. When I arrived on the scene, the group appealed to my vast knowledge of third-grade social studies for a final answer. After an initial reaction of incredulity, and actually, indignation, I set them straight and then decided to press the issue a bit.... So I asked if anyone knew how many stripes were on the flag. (This, after I clued in those present to the tidbit that is the correlation between the states in the Union and stars on the American flag - a startling revelation to some. I wish I were joking.) The first response to the stripes question was thirty-three. But that hypothesis wasn't voiced very convincingly. There were no other guesses."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.