1minute,

0.13GPA? Yikes, I didn't see that thread I guess. How does one even get to that point?

I agree about conveying the value for the future. I had the pleasure to "teach" or "mentor" some fellow workers, volunteers and the like in some of the jobs I had. And it really was pleasurable when the interest was there. Folks have told me when I retired I should hold small private classes in some "outdoorsy" type stuff for kids, as I have a varied knowledge of that world.

My issue, that took a long time to realize, is that I'm not a people person and I have to work hard to have some of those people skills that come easily to others. When I went to grade and high school they didn't have this " he's on the spectrum" diagnosis............I was just an unruly smart kid that did his own thing.

I've mentioned it before on some threads. In my thirties I took some "aptitude" tests that determined the best careers for me were things like Back Country Forest Ranger, Cowboy, Game Warden, Fisherman and such. In other words, jobs where I could work by myself or only with smaller groups and mostly without a lot of interference from bosses. Give me an assignment and get out of my way.

I kind of liked being the tutor for Beginning Statistics for the Biological Sciences while at University. It was always a joy to see someone "get it", or sometimes maybe they didn't understand ( I didn't when I started) but could do the tests and come out with the correct outcome. And because they had the objective of a career in the natural resources fields, they knew it was a valuable tool to have in their kit. And I was a lab assistant in a couple of courses pertinent to my career choice, which was fun in many ways. (Not to mention beneficial on the resume when getting started in my field)

My wife talks about us eventually needing to move closer to a metro area, for health care reasons and such. I dread the day. I like living on our 7 Acre RANCH!, 15 or so miles from town, surrounded on three sides by BLM land with a nice guy holding the grazing lease back there, my nearest neighbors on the other side of the street are a couple hundred yards away, there are three houses (the last a 300 acre ranch) past our place before the road ends in a school bus turn around. I have few people to deal with on a daily basis, and I can't imagine living in even a suburban neighborhood with people on all side of me.

That's why I'm grateful I didn't attempt the teacher thing when younger. Odds are it wouldn't have worked well for me or my students...........and certainly not for coworkers and administration types.

We got about 2" of really wet snow this morning down here. Did you folks up the road get very much? The moisture is certainly welcome, although a bit messy as it's melting and getting muddy already.

Enjoy your day there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?