Not saying schools are not a “foundation” or at least they used to be, today’s schools are not even close to a foundation.

When I went to school we had to do our part as students in order to progress and to move on.

If we didn’t learn and get a passing grade, we did not move on. The teachers had a job to do and they did it, if the student (with a little the help of the parents) failed to do their part, they were held back. In my day it was called “flunked”. And if one were to get “flunk” the parents would take action to correct the students behavior not blame the school or the teacher.

Since the takeover by the Unions , students no longer can be flunked and no longer need to learn to progress. It is much easier for a teacher to just pass the student on then to take steps to teach.

As a parent I spent hours with my two sons after work doing what needed to be done for them to learn, they learned more in one hour at home than they did in 7 at school, that is just sad. It got to the point we questioned why do we send them to school in the first place .

When I was a kid in school in the 60’s there was no need for parents to pick up the slack , all that was required was make sure the homework got done and done right. There was no sitting at the desk for hours a night teaching what should have been taught that “day”. And there sure as hell wasn’t any student passed up to the next grade that didn’t Earn it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.