Originally Posted by jaguartx
Ive never bought and eaten rapeseeds (canola) or cotton seeds, but this stuff is making me wonder about how if the carbohydrates and seed oils are so bad, how has our life expectancy almos doubled since 1900?

Carbohydrates make people fat and give them diabetes, right? So do the Japanese have those problems?

Doc,
Hope you're having a good weekend. Prior to 1900 people were much more likely to die of starvation than today, but the incredible American Farms made that a thing of the past. Too many people work in offices, but still eat like they are lumber jacks. I lived in Japan for 4 years, and on average, they do not have the taste for sugar and fats like we do. Their ice cream if very bland, no cream in it, and mostly skin milk. Since the introduction of the benefits of European style nutrition in the form of diets with more proteins and calcium, the Japanese have grown on average an additional inch each generation.

For some Asians, diabetes and the like can be a real issue. I'm pretty sure that's what did in my Mother-in-laws kidneys, but modern medicine saved her until cancer finally took her nearly 20 years later. Of course her husband at the exact same diet and never had any dietary related health issues. Many of the Polynesian's have weight issues as well. As an example, look at the Samoan's. Personally, I think it's a combination of things. Part diet, part genetics, but no body in this country wants to consider the impact of the latter.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell