Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Who makes the best moderately priced scopes today that are not Chinese?

Two years ago, you could’ve mentioned Nikon and Weaver (Grand Slam). Now?? Burris and Leupold are the two left standing, and Burris is now starting to offer China garbage.

Vortex has sub-$500 offerings that are sourced from the Phillipines, but they’ve got the “tactical look”.

Clearidge gets mixed reviews (and has limited offerings), and I’m not sure if Swift is still in biz. Neither of them ever were a “player” in the category.

Meopta COULD be a player, but marketing doesn’t seem to be their forte, and you can’t get them at the local sporting goods chain.

Sightron is a consideration, but, again, many folks wanna be able to hold something in their hand, before spending $300-$500....

Bushnell changes specs/names/etc so much, it’s hard to keep up. The 3200/4200 were fine scopes. Now?? They change models every 3 years, so it’s hard to know what you’re getting, and the average joe equates Bushnell with $50-$75 Sportview’s and Banner’s, not knowing they’ve made solid stuff, as well.

Understand, I’m talking about more “classic” style, “set and forget” scopes, that can be had for sub-$500..

Yes...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?