Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Being ISO certified has much less to do with achieving true quality than simply documenting your production processes and QC procedures and adhering to them---on paper at least. It does not guarantee a superior product.

And once certification is granted all that goes right out the effing window as soon as it entails some added costs, or makes someone sad....

Been there, done that, and all it accomplished was draining the corporate coffers, again, and rid us of all that pesky hard-copy documentation that we only used like nearly every day. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the night shift had to rearrange their schedules and screw up their lives in general so they could attend the stupid-azz seminars.

Just another scam like multi-level marketing.

It's all about hanging that banner on the building. Had my first I-S-O indoctrination in about 1993. I was in my mid 20's, and reported back to my boss that it was a gang of ex Alliant Tech engineers using scare tactics. My view hasn't changed. "The doors will close on you". "You won't be allowed to do business with any other companies".

We used to call them ISO mercenaries. Like stated above, people get the necessary experience, then become part of the pyramid.

It's nothing more than re-labeled TQM. Ain't much quality related about it either. It's just paper. For some real fun, take a look at some EN certs, and what they require.

I apologize to the OP for the off topic rant. Good to know others see the ISO flush for what it is.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca