That webcast here in this forum a couple of years ago soured me on Leupold. I had owned perhaps 50 Leupold scopes and more often than not noticed the wonky adjustments. I didn't let it bother me much because I tend to set & forget, but their refusal to acknowledge an issue that I KNOW exists completely undermined my confidence in their scopes and their entire enterprise. I still have a VX-II on a muzzle loader and a couple of Prismatics, but I've moved on to try other scopes. Some have disappointed me a bit because Leupold usually delivered excellent (to my eye) optical quality, but I've found some lines I really like such as Weaver's Grand Slam and Super Slam and Sightron's Big Sky series, all of which are getting pretty rare on the used market. I prefer a duplex or simple ballistic reticle and that tends to narrow down my choices. I have several others that are mounted but not yet sighted in, such as a Tract Response and a Bushnell Nitro. The optical quality of those two seems to be very acceptable based on cursory examination. Once I've actually used them a bit, I'll have a more solid opinion of them.

If Leupold would step up their game and get their erector issues eliminated, I could probably be persuaded to give them another chance. But as of today, that's just not going to happen.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.