Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Weaver went out of business building the very kind of scopes many on this thread said they want.

I suspect that may have Weaver lost out on the marketing front. Honestly, though, I did not pay any attention at all to the Grand Slams and Super Slams when they were still in production and readily available. Maybe the prices were just too high. I do not recall one way or the other.

And THERE you go. I was able to find Weaver Grand Slam’s at ONE gun shop in the DFW area, 10 years ago, and I don’t recall EVER seeing any Jap Weaver Classic’s at any store in that area.

Vortex is actually more of a success in MARKETING, than they are PRODUCT. They publicize it, they warrant it, and most of all, you can walk in a store and TOUCH IT.

It can be argued whether Leupold or Nikon or Weaver were the better “set and forget” scopes. Well, now Weaver and Nikon are GONE, and Leupold needs to make a decision.

Chase Nightforce and the tactical market, to the detriment of their “classic” lines, or simply maintain a “presence” in that market, and OWN the sub-$500 market and “classic” market???