Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.” - Jack Welch

I realize the market , as a WHOLE, is changing from hunting and benchrest to “tactical” and “long range”, but there is STILL a “niche market” for lightweight scopes, classically styled scopes, handgun scopes, and American scopes.

Leupold is trying to compete with $200 China (Vortex, Athlon, et al) scopes on one end, and $2000 Nightforces on the other.

In the meantime, they’re throwing away many of their offerings in the “middle”, and the specialties/oddities that was THEIR “niche”.

Completely agree.

Leupolds place was producing mostly American made or at least “built” set it and forget it scopes at a reasonable price and backed up with a lifetime warranty. Light weight and compact models like the excellent fixed powers and 2.5-8 were also a big part of there niche and what they did well.

Leupold trying to out Vortex, Vortex is going to be a losing battle for Leupold and has left them just another scope maker without an identity.

I’m in agreement with booth of you and the Op. I hope they can get it straight but the latest offerings says they won’t.