Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Sure. But where’s the right to “not have been a dick to?” KeeReist. I deal with dicks everyday. Certainly leo does, too. Anybody else? Doesn’t change the rules of the game.

I saw a fellow who was doing nothing wrong and didn't seem interested in being shot.

I also saw to police officers who need their nuts ran through a meat grinder.

Perhaps we didn't watch the same video.

Greg, i wonder if the basis of our disagreeing over what we each saw boils down to this:

I take it as a given that if LEO pulls me over, and gives me an order, i damn well need to do it. “Unjust, “rude,” “unwarranted,” or “mistaken identity” is irrelevant at that point in time; that’s for the courts to figure out if the outcome is so much worse than an inconvenience. Feelings hurt in the process? Reckon i’ll pull through.

Don’t think there exists “law” stating a leo needs to justify, explain, and pretty-please to someone pulled over, and if not, said someone can disregard leo’s order.

Does my stance presume a high percentage of very decent, earnest, committed, if still human leo’s (and a relatively scant number of bad apples)? Yes. And i’ll take that bet every day.

Plenty of people been shot because of contradictory orders from cops. One yelling “Keep your hands up”, the other yelling “Get outta the car”. You make a move to comply with either and you’re likely to get shot.