My first car was Henry the Ford. A ‘71 Galaxy 500 four door hardtop with a 351 Windsor. Henry was a hand-me-down that Dad bought used for a family car. My aunt put a big dent in the door, and we couldn’t find a replacement, so I guess the “Old Man” figured I couldn’t hurt it much.
Henry was known among my friends for tossing the hubcaps off doing donuts and jumping through covered bridges! grin
We had a salvage, and when I turned 15 Dad give me a choice as to what I wanted to fix up. A 76 Cougar XR7, a 68 Camaro with a 350, a 72 Mustang fastback with a straight 6, and a 72 Monte Carlo with a bigblock 402.
He said they’d all be roughly the same amount of work and money, so whichever one I picked was ok with him. Those two great big valve covers in the Monte made the choice pretty easy.
I worked on the thing for a year before I ever put a mile on it. New quarter panel, door and fender & bumper. Wet sanded it all and my cousin painted it “Russet Metallic” a copper color brown with metal flake. I hunted up a set of factory Rally Wheels with rings and centers.
I’m not bragging, but that freakin thing was immaculate, and the torque of the 402 made it quick.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden