It wasn't a 2 bbl Cleveland?

The Cleveland's had a 2 or 4 on the corner of the heads......kinda the equivalent of the humps on Chevy's.

We combed every junkyard.....searching out the 4's. Larger valves and advantaged combustion chambers.

We'd put 351 Windsor heads on 302's(Windsor). Larger valves and, dependent on the year.....smaller combustion chambers......boosting compression.

With modification.....you could install the 4bbl Cleveland heads on a 302.....which could get you close to a faux Boss engine.

We never made that modification.

Back then......a hp per cube was fun. Now, this stock 5.0 (302) in the F150 is rated 395hp.

Technology.

Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Most of the Chevy drivers were a little brain dead.
Those 2 bbl 283's were smokin' machines, though.
Are you familiar with the 'Z-eater' Super Cobra Jet Torino, by chance? It had a coiled Cobra.........with a lil' bitty mouse in the mouth.......all sitting on the shaker.
grin:
By 1970 the Chev SBs were way past the 283.

Yes, I helped a neighbor with his Torino (he called it a Cobra) back then but I do not remember any badges - seems like it had a 428 cu in "Cobra-Jet" setup - good power plant but that Torino seemed too heavy to allow top performance. I could be wrong on that - don't know very much about those Fords..

Had a 74 gran torino sport with 351 windsor. Heavy & slow, but was a cool car.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.