Was referring to the 'Z-Eater'(license plate).....a 429 Super Cobra Jet Torino.....factory solid lifters, 430 locker, etc.

Think Street Machine Nationals. The mouse eating Cobra got a lotta Chevy fans up tight........just like here.

428's chewed cranks.

Most Chevy's.........unmodified.......were crap getting out of the hole. Can you say wheel hop?

Double hump 327's pulled very hard.....spread bore mechanical carbs sounded like a turbine opening up.

Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Most of the Chevy drivers were a little brain dead.
Those 2 bbl 283's were smokin' machines, though.
Are you familiar with the 'Z-eater' Super Cobra Jet Torino, by chance? It had a coiled Cobra.........with a lil' bitty mouse in the mouth.......all sitting on the shaker.
grin:
By 1970 the Chev SBs were way past the 283.

Yes, I helped a neighbor with his Torino (he called it a Cobra) back then but I do not remember any badges - seems like it had a 428 cu in "Cobra-Jet" setup - good power plant but that Torino seemed too heavy to allow top performance. I could be wrong on that - don't know very much about those Fords..

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.