Lorne;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply and weather report.

In fact I presently have two nephews and their families in Assinaboia, one of my sister's boys and one of my brother's boys.

We've been through that part of the world years back, but it has to be 15 at least.

I was talking to my brother east of Yorkton last week and it's a bad drought there too, which means it's all pretty widespread.

It's been silly hot and dry here too and we're used to it - but not in June. I want to say that 44° in the shade was our hottest day and it was a tad more down at our daughter and son in law's place down in town as they're a bit lower in elevation.

We're so far doing okay with the Thomas Creek Fire - it's a fair size already and was I would think a bit less than 2 kilometers from our property, but the Good Lord favored us with the right wind direction and we were spared from the first blast of it all.

We've lived here on this acreage for 28 years and honestly every year during fire season can be a little tense. One either learns to roll with it or moves to a less flammable part of the world. I've spent a bunch of time and effort doing fire suppression pruning and cleaning up some of the property, but Antelope Brush, Sage Brush and Ponderosa Pines will burn year round and dead green.

Anyways so far the wind has been favorable and we're still here thanks.

All the best to you folks, lets hope we all get some rain.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/16/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"