Originally Posted by Beaver10
In my teens thru my twenties, I duck and goose hunted 30 plus days a season. We’d pile up the Mallards, Widgeon, Teal, and geese to the point where our freezer should have sprouted wings.

I enjoyed eating a fat roasted mallard or goose a couple times a month. The problem became we had more ducks than we could eat just by oven roasting. We started breasting out our smaller ducks, then sauté them with different herbs and seasonings, including Teriyaki sauce and stir frying to change up the flavor.

All cooking methods produced good to decent table eats, but, eventually we’d tire on Donald Duck. Enter the smoker - We starting smoking duck breast, which was pretty good. That’s as far as we took it for ways to prepare duck.

I stopped serious duck hunting the last 20 years, but the past couple years I started getting a serious itch to start hunting them again.

I took it a step further by getting myself a duck boat last week. Ducks are gonna fall this winter, so I’m looking for some good ways to prepare duck, besides the ways I mentioned above.

What do you all got for turning a duck into some tasty food ?

🦫

PS

Some high priced restaurants have charged upwards of $60 bucks for a whole duck. Never ordered it, but I’ve heard Liberals say it’s amazing !??! Amazing, wtf am I missing ?

30 days a season? lol! Sing with me now: Mary had a little lamb, little lamb... wink Assuming you're actually going to nut up and follow through on your threat to join for sea duck/brant/coastal diver & puddle duck killing in December, you best bring your game face and at least a case of #2s. And a pacifier. I've got some giggles in store for you, softcockee! wink