Beaver10;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope you all got a wee bit of rain or it's cooled off some or both.

With the understanding that I've personally not shot a duck since the mid '80's, here we go with another story.

Because of the beer flu mess last fall, Canuck outfitters were offering screaming deals to Canucks to come hunting.

Good neighbor across the gully who was also an award winning wine maker has for years used our game pole in the yard here to skin his bucks. I help him if I'm around as frankly I find debarking animals a very satisfying activity, much like digging potatoes or picking beans actually now that I think about it.

Anyways, even though he's always been told he doesn't need to, he'll drop a bottle of wine off afterward and to be honest, I really appreciate it - did I mention he's an award winner???

Because of the outfitter situation, last year he went moose hunting in northern BC and then duck and goose hunting up out of Cold Lake, AB. For the moose hunt, I took most of an afternoon to set up a rifle he'd won at a game banquet and again said he owed me zip/zero/zilch - we've both got German names and understand zilch...

In spite of my protestations, he knows I am an unabashed carnivore Beaver, so he brought over a big boot box containing a bottle of very, very nice red AND here's the part pertaining to your thread - a mixture of the goose sausage they'd made.

They shot so many ducks and snow geese in Alberta that they'd skinned them, filleted off the breasts and made a couple kinds of sausage. I want to say they used pork fat Beaver, it had that creamier texture to the meat like pork has.

They made a chorizo and a smoky, both of which were good, but the smoky honestly I couldn't tell it wasn't say pork or beef. They were great.

There's my suggestion sir, if you get too many waterfowl, make a batch of your favorite sausage!

Hope that was useful and good luck on the hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"