The wife wakes me up one night and says there’s four coons on the porch and they’ve got the cats pinned against the sliding glass door. So I grab the AR and go out the front door with the spot light and the bastids hear me coming and vanish. Now I’m awake so I grab a beer and sit down as she says that they will be back and they were. It was time for a change in tactics so I decided on a frontal approach and I grabbed the Henry and popped the tube loose it raised a couple of inches and walked to the door. The big coon stood on three legs and shoveled cat food into its mouth with the other while starring at me from 2 feet away so I ripped the door open and they scattered as I jumped out bare footed mommy stopped at the step long enough to lose her brains. I jumped off the deck while racking a shell and hit the spot light as one of the cats was nose to nose with one of the coons in the middle of the yard. I guess he was tough now that dad was there and that one died which sent the cat hauling ass. Our Deck is low with only four steps down to the grass after I shot the second one there was a growl to my left and as I spun to the noise number three was about three feet away from my bare ankle underneath the deck(now that will get your attention). That one lost its mind as well and I racked another shell not knowing if I had another or not and looked for the last one. When I hit him with the light he stopped and stood up on his hind legs looking at me and bought the farm. The whole thing didn’t last much more than 5 seconds