Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by antlers
Some Christians believe that Jesus’ teachings on the Mount of Olives, where He warned His followers that they would suffer tribulation and persecution before the ultimate triumph of the Kingdom of God, was His prediction mostly of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and that it had all come to pass by 70 AD.

Jesus clearly did make a bold and accurate prediction of the Temple’s destruction, some forty years before the event took place.

Actually he said "that generation shall see my coming", so what generation was he referring to? What had to happen before all of it came to pass?
I believe a very good reference was when he told the disciples to go into the city and there you will find a "man" holding a picture of water. There is your huge hint.
You start out in the history of the book with people sacrificing Ox's , then it changes to Rams, then the sacrificing stops and someone comes waltzing in saying follow me I will make you fishers of men, then we go to a future event i.e. our modern time, with a man holding a pitcher of water. All of the hints were right there. Unfortunately the church propaganda keeps us from seeing the picture.

What generation, the one that was alive when HE said it!

MT 24, MK 13 and LK 21, take on a little different meaning or understanding when you realize that JESUS was speaking to 4 men, PRIVATELY.

Recorded for us, but HE was speaking to THEM!!!

THEY, the 4, would see the Great Tribulation............... and 'immediately after' MT 24:29,30 - 'the coming'

So what was the birth date of those 4 men?
Are they shown in other scriptures?

MARK 13:3 As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew were questioning Him privately

Last edited by Muffin; 10/23/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )