Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We're in a stage now where Christianity is being knocked down at every turn. Churches all over are turning to false beliefs like supporting homosexuality. We could very well be in this great falling away right now.
Some people nowadays continue to be challenged when the teachings in the Bible are contradicted by reason and experience. Slavery is a prime example; “Love your neighbor as yourself” doesn’t leave a whole lotta room for owning other human beings and enslaving them. But the American South had the Bible on their side. The Bible admonished slaves to submit to their masters; and the Bible considered slavery to be part of the divine order of things. But we now know better.

We don’t execute adulterers, we don’t execute those who break the Sabbath, and we don’t execute rebellious children. We don’t exclude women from church services because they’re on their period, and we don’t exclude men from church services because they’re crippled. But all of this is commanded in the Bible.

Women should be silent in church, not even permitted to speak in church, and they shouldn’t even be allowed to teach in church…?
People should obey the government…?
Slaves should sincerely obey their masters…?
We are all admonished to abide by these things in the Bible.

We know a thing or two nowadays that Moses and the Apostle Paul didn’t know, and we proceed accordingly.

To me, as far as “Christianity is being knocked down at every turn”…some ‘Christian’s’ are doin’ more damage to the cause of Jesus than not only gays are, but that Satan Himself is. Christianity is gonna continue hemorrhaging members at an unprecedented rate, and it’s not gonna be because of gays.

I’m glad that God doesn’t cherry-pick the way some ‘Christians’ do, and I'm glad that Jesus wasn't too busy polishing His halo to come down here and put his feet on the ground and interact in a constructive way with ALL of us sinners.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.