Originally Posted by jaguartx
A man?

This is a great question that I have asked myself more than a few times. Some passages sound like it's a man and others sound like it's a system.

It's a little too late to get into it now in details, but hears some points I like to remind myself of.

A. The Bible is infallible
B. The Bible is like a puzzle in that each piece has a place, but sometimes takes a while to find them as well as get the big picture.
C. If something seems confusing or contradictory, then it's because I need to search with Help of the Holy Spirit, because I just don't quite get where the puzzle pieces go.

Now I suggest a possibility that may not have been considered after the following example.

Who is the Antichrist of Revelation?
Let's compare "The antichrist" to those many antichrists that John warned about.

I John 2:18
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

2 nd and 1st John's epistles define who is an antichrist.
Revelation also gives descriptions of him.

My view is that both descriptions John gave are correct.
Likewise, please consider this.....
Is it possible that there is a man of sin, an antichrist in the last days who exalts himself as God AND be many antichrists from the time John wrote those?

Think about this, beast man OR beast system?
Maybe the question can be phrased beast man AND beast system?

Think about it next time as you read the book through and please let me know what you think.

The picture looks clearer to me when I ask the question with the conjunction 'and".

Happy Camper