Originally Posted by viking
Since these topics get derailed and go off on tangents rather quickly….

I have a question for the guys with more biblical knowledge than I.

So Adam and Eve had sons (we can all agree on that), WHO? did they marry?

God sent Cain away, gave him a mark so OTHERS would recognize him and not kill him. What others?

I do not have that much knowledge but let me give it the old College try.

Lets first start with Adam and Eve which is the reason I posted about the lineages. Reading a coded book in "black and white" is very dangerous if truth is what you are looking for. For instance, if the Bible was truly written that way and is the inspired infallible word of God, then why couldn't he get the lineages correct? One lineage has Jesus descending from the Tribe of Judah, another has him descending from the Tribe of Ephraim. It cannot be both.
So, why is Adam's lineage not the same as Eve's. The parable of the Wheat and the Tares has many meanings with one of them being an enemy has come in and sowed tares. Look at it this way, in the case of Eve, an enemy had sex with her, just like what happened 3 chapters later in the Bible. Lucifer planted his seed in Eve and she got a "man" child (interesting way of saying that about Cain wouldn't you say). Cain was half Angel (lucifer) and half human (Eve). Cain was known as a Nephilim and left to go East to Nod where there were more Nephilim. According to many writings, the Quran being one, the had to be "re-newed" because Lucifer and his merry band trouble makers screwed up the first Earth. Not only did they cross with other "human" creations then, they did with animals, plants, ect. We call it the dinosaur age. The real caveat for us humans to lookout for is this, Lucifer and his angels mirror what we and or God creates, thus it gives the appearance of being us, but deep inside it is a ravenous beast.
Church propaganda inspired by Lucifer (the Angel of LIGHT) has us believing that Genesis 1 is the very beginning of all. It is not by any stretch of the imagination.
A true story should flow like a river, you should not have to jump from puddle to puddle and you should never ever half to explain something away.