Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bigswede358
Beretzs,
Do it!!
The 338-06 is my all time favorite big game cartridge.If I was limited to one, that would be it. I’ve always used the 200-210 grain bullets. Big enough to hit hard yet still good enough to stretch ranges out past 400 yds. I save the heavier bullets for the 338 winnie. Although, the win mag does knock elk off their feet more often.

There is a great old article in Handloader magazine written by Steve Timm. Him and his friends had 3 of them. They tested from 200 up to the old 275 Speer. They hunted them for deer, elk, and bear in the Oregon coast mountains. I think, if I remember right, they used the 210 Partition and 200 Speer the most for hunting.

Thanks for the extra nudge. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good donor. More than likely I'd just send it off to JES and let him work his magic with it.

I am using the 210 Swift's in the 338 Win now and like the way they work so much I can't hardly stand to waste my time trying to find something that'll do any better.

I run the 210 Swift SCII over RL-15 in my 338-06 and happier than a puppy with 2 peters on how it performs.

Yes sir. Same bullet I use in my 338 Win. It is my favorite to date, outside of the 225 Bitterroots.

Semper Fi