Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm not truly a Glock Guy,but Glocks simply run and that fact is rather soothin'. Another obvious thing is their capacity and at most,I may keep(1) extry mag in the confines of a pack. A guy can thwart (3) encounters with a coupla pokes each,not reload and still have more rounds remaining than many platforms start with and especially Wheelguns. Hint.

As carry goes,I've done it all and the GFI Kenai is without equal. Once the brush it wet(always),whatever is being carried will be soaked and everything that isn't Kydex is a sponge,which does NO favors. That in both the short and long term. Hint.

I know LOTS of guys who've Pistol Whipped Problem Bears and nobody has yet to wish for a Wheelgun. Hint.................

Only had a few dozen griz run ins and never shot one, but my personal experience drawing a pistol when looking at a grizzly is that my G20/629/SRH all felt equally tiny and I wished I had a rifle, every time. I ended up sticking with the G20 and often a G22 with 200gr hardcast. They are also much lighter than most wheel guns.

Stick's point on the carry method is worth repeating... drawing from a wet leather belt holster, while trying to deal with your rain gear and other junk, while wearing waders or standing in a stream or just trying to pick your way across wet rocks...is not always easy. The kydex GFI chest rig is the only thing that always works, wet or dry, backpack or not, waders or not, raingear or not. Nothing else is really close.