Originally Posted by ribka
In our area. The larger churches conduct firearms training and regularly go out and shoot together and train together. Many are combat vets and local LEO's with real life experience. They discuss these threats and possible attacks at church meetings and are prepared to protect their community. They practice communications, Have contact lists for support, are prepped with food etc. All of the ranges in the area are pretty busy 7 days a week with people out shooting, taking tactical shooting course etc

East and west coast are pretty clueless as to what is going on in fly over country. Get a 100 miles or more from the coastline and you'll notice this A lot of the fly over country citizens are preparing for a civil war and openly talk about it.

Regrading the tweet. Just a professional agitator. See a lot more of this agitation from left wing politicians and their support groups

ribka;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I hope you're getting a decent day on this last Saturday of June and you're all well.

Thanks for the perspective on what the churches in your area are doing, it's interesting to learn that and I believe not a bad idea to form a plan.

When we're teaching Survival and Wilderness First Aid in our BC Hunter Safety course we stress having a plan usually yields better results.

I'm thinking that you're likely correct in that the folks writing this are professional agitators, but they still can be useful in spurring folks on the fence to at very least become aware of the vagaries of life one might face.

We need look no further back than last year at the riots in South Africa where neighbors banded together and kept much larger groups of rioters and looters out of their neighborhoods. The images from then of an South Asian lady in a sari armed with a machete, standing beside a chap with a shotgun, next to them another chap with a cricket bat and so on. As ill equipped as they might have appeared, they kept the ne'er-do-wells well out of their neighborhood.

As a matter of personal planning about 3 years back I began purposefully getting to know our neighbors in the semi-rural area in which we live. My modus operandi was to plow the snow at the rural mailbox, plow their driveway or the main roadway, etc. and then introduce myself. That started a line of conversation to be opened and then I built on it. Once I got to know a couple of them better, I shared my reasoning behind doing this - that is it'd be a good idea to know who can do what in the event of a local emergency.

Luckily a couple of the folks embraced the idea ribka.

We've now got a pretty fair idea who is armed, who has tractors or heavy equipment, who has chainsaws, who has medical training, etc. All things which might be useful should a rural emergency arrive and for reasons beyond our or their control outside help cannot come to our aid in a timely manner.

Of course one hopes and prays that it's never needed, but again it's prudent to have a plan isn't it?

All the best and God Bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"