Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by 45_100
They are well organized and well funded. The media is their propaganda wing and law enforcement will stand down. They will have all the resources they need to carry out their mission.

Correct---except the part about LE standing down. In blue areas, we know this is true, but we've already seen LE in red areas back the citizenry and vice-versa.

Most little rural towns have few officers on duty at a given time. The little town nearest to the farm I grew up on has a population of less than 2,000 and has a total of three LEOs. All three of them on duty vs 100 of these guys...they would stand down and call for backup from all the other little towns like them and maybe get 5-10 guys total.

This is part of LE standing down, not enough officers to deal with the situation. I think Uvalde was an example of LE hesitating to get involved. Some LE agencies will engage and some LE officers will engage but I don't think you can depend on LE when things go south. They have families, paid insurance and pensions to think about. Protecting citizens is not their first priority. Engaging politicians is pretty far down the list. It is just reality.