Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by tylerw02
If they have advanced warning, sure some people may be likely to come from the next town over to offer a hand. But the reality is little towns are full of old people. The younger people may or may not be the most patriotic, clean, outstanding citizens. Others, those with the ability to do something, are at their jobs working. I don't know where you are, but without advanced warning, your town would likely not be as brave as you think; especially considering it may be over before people realize what is happening. 100 people can tear up Main Street in a matter of minutes.

Still, it's worth remembering it was the old guy that said "get off my lawn". The first time will have the benefit of surprise, the second one five old geezers tired of this stuff and three blue hairs waiting to die, anyway, may just feel called to go to their glory.

Get off my lawn, was said during daylight hours.

Didn't some kid go in his garage and try to steal his car? what if the kid had set the garage and house on fire and quietly slipped away. Or shot him when he came outside?
What if they picked random towns and never hit the same place until 4 months later during a big storm?

Early warning? no-one would warn Hazel & Earl that their barn full of tractors/combines/tools/flatbed truck might catch fire tonight.
Offence/defense comes to mind

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.