I have always taken advantage of rest when I can, ammo was expensive, Pop and Grand Pop expected critters for empty cases.

Lots of shot gunning as a youngster, rabbit and quail, and when I first started deer hunting it was with a shotgun by law. Walked my first fork horn up and put a slug in the back of his neck on the first jump out of the bed. I was 16, could see really well and was in top shape. Browning A5, skeet barrel.

68 now, eyes are rheumy and I still walk a lot but the physical plant is not what it was. Both my elk were taken sitting with a carried set of sticks I also used to help walk in the hills, across a valley, the cow about level with me, the bull up hill. The cow was walking slow, about to go over a saddle, the bull standing still. Glad I had the sticks pulled into my stance to help steady me. I cheated and ranged them too. I shot every weekend I could all summer before each trip, used the set up I carried at our range, out to 500 yards so I would know how the stuff worked. Not off a bench, on my rear end doing my best to keep the wobble out.

Teaching my grandson to do the same. Our goal is one shot, one kill.

Bad worriedman.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA