Very large brush strokes being painted with here.

I spent over a decade working in a gun shop and a good while doing pre season sight in days at the range. There are multitudes of Gomers who can’t shoot from any position and they span all age classes.

I’ve seen Boomers and Depression era children who were supposed “marksmen”, “snipers”, and “outdoorsmen” who didn’t know what ammo their old rifle they’d been shooting “since Papaw showed me how” was chambered for. I’ve seen these guys with scopes mounted backward. I’ve seen them with rear sights removed because, “it just slows me down on running shots”. And I’ve seen many of them who literally couldn’t hit a life size plywood moose from a bench, not can’t hit it in the vitals but can’t hit it at all.

Nobody is born knowing how to shoot, it takes instruction, practice, and dedication. If GenXYZ or whoever never learned to shoot I wonder who never got them started and showed them?

Bottom line is that people who shoot shoot, and people who don’t don’t or can’t, even if they talk about it on the internet all the time.