The Jenkintown Posse stalks again.

Originally Posted by JTPinTX
You just gotta love some of these threads. I stalk pigs at night with a millennial shooter who quite honestly shoots about as good as anyone I know. And I know lots of good shooters. Most of the nighttime/millennial pig stalkers and coyote killers I know could probably hand quite a few of the old farts on here their azz when it comes to dynamic shooting under pressure. We shoot off tripods with thermals, standing, after having stalked 200-600 yards in the dark. Pigs and coyotes, sitting still or running flat out, ranges anywhere from 30 to 300+ yards, all standing off a tripod.

Tripods, sticks, and bipods are tools for certain jobs. They don't just increase accuracy. When set up and used correctly they can very much increase speed on moving targets because you can pan so sooth and effectively. They lower muscle fatigue while waiting for a shot. Not everyone hunts where there is a tree or rock to rest on every 30 feet. Shooting prone or even sitting really isn't an option for the population control type shooting we do. Too many people get tied up in their own egos and aren't willing to admit that anyone, especially someone younger than them, might actually have a good idea and know what they are talking about. That guy at the range zeroing or practicing off a tripod? You don't know how or even if he hunts. His shooting game might be something totally outside your limited realm of experience. Open your mind and maybe both of you could learn something from the other.

Here is a little example of dynamic shooting off a tripod the way we do it.

https://rumble.com/v15saye-52322-big-sounder.html

Really though, no one is more grateful to hear that a few from your generation escaped pussification. Carry on.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty