deflave;
Thanks for the reply, we're doing better than we deserve thanks.

For sure though as you've said we try to show the new hunters the plusses and minuses of different shooting styles/forms and "strongly encourage" them to practice.

We're good to shoot most small game as well as grouse, ptarmigan and turkeys with rimfires here and we really encourage that too. Our girls shot as many grouse as the daily limits and populations allowed - always with a scoped .22 and our house rules were head, neck or nick the top of the wing butts. It absolutely helped them be better at shooting deer in a timely fashion. Head shots on rabbits is the same in my opinion.

As I age I can tell I'm not as quick getting off shots on big game as I used to be, but I still burn lots of powder from sitting or leaning on a post so I stay as efficient as an old boomer can be, you know? wink

The young millennial neighbor I'm teaching how to handload and hunt is doing remarkably well considering the instructor/mentor he's stuck with... blush

One of our daughters is the tail end of millennials and the other is the start of the next group. I'd not volunteer to stand in front of either one of them regardless of the rest they were using. Just can't see that being a fine idea.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"