Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by deflave
I operate on principles and my teaching reflects same.

When teaching any shooter I try to instill that mobility and stability is a scale that can tip any which way at any time. You cannot gain stability without sacrificing some level of mobility. Conversely, you cannot gain mobility without sacrificing some level of stability.

Shooting is a thinking man's game and it behooves the shooter to have this instilled on day one. Most real world shot placement is going to be unique and require fluidity when the shooter attempts to make the shot. This is applicable in all aspects of shooting. Be it an Active Shooter situation, your first deer, or a USPSA match. The shooter should learn every aspect of the shooting discipline and be prepared to deliver accordingly.

Overall I do agree that the majority of young hunters rely heavily on some form of rest and I believe this is due to decades of "be sure of your shot" type instruction. Fine for beginner level instruction, but please ensure your kid/grandkid/pupil understands that is Tier One level instruction.

If somebody wants to be a well rounded shooter, they should be adept in the offhand.

deflave;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope the day down in your section of the south is behaving and you're all well.

Regarding what you've written, as someone who has been instructing folks in Hunter Safety and by extension also teaching shooting for 33 years now, so a few hundred I suppose, I'd only say, "yep". grin

A lot of good and bad habits depend upon the instruction - as you've stated.

Anyways a tip of the battered Bailey for that post sir.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

Dwayne Man!

If there were more Christians like you, I'd be in church.

LOL

Hope all is well.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house