Originally Posted by ldholton
as a whole painted with the broad brush the millennial generation is kind of some useless [bleep]... of course there are a great many exceptions that are great people.
as far as shooting sticks go well you owe it to animals for quick humane kills if that's what helps somebody I guess that's okay..
great marksmanship and long range off hand skills should be done in competitive circles.. which are getting much smaller for a number of reasons and also the youth are not that interested as a whole
I know for a fact. I need to find a rest, or prone, or something. I shot DCM for a year, and know exactly what my abilities are shooting offhand. There is absolutely no way I could ethically shoot at big game offhand at 300 to 400 yds. I have only witnessed a couple men I would encourage to do so.

That is the range at which well over 50% of our shots present.

Yes, I have killed a few deer, varmints, and gophers offhand. Hell, I got a fox with a revolver a couple years ago. But that is far from typical in our terrain.

Yes, I owe it to the game to use every accurizing device I can when hunting. That is ethical!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.