Dunno how it looks in your backyard, but in my neighborhood the kids can't shoot for chitt. Local range is a busy place with many settings for the shooters. Pistol, rifle, shotguns, LR rifle, etc. Two kinds of shooters for the most part, old farts and punks. Old hands typically have SS/bolt/leverguns etc., while the kids seem to all have AR platforms. I don't interact with them much at all, because when I did so many moons ago they got cranky real fast. Some days their targets are next to mine...I can't count the times I've walked down to my target and see their own has no holes...zero.

Had one a few years back that was making fun of my flintlock and I ignored him. Went down to check targets and I had 5 in a group of about 2", offhand at 50 yards. He never cut the paper despite firing three full 30 round mags. His buddies laffed, and he picked up his stuff and left.

Not saying I want to go to war with them, but if I do, know that I appreciate their demonstrated skill.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain