Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by ingwe
These threads crack me up.

LOL, 223 Greenhorn here Sir, that said, and in your honor, i had gun bud find and order me a Ruger American Predator 8 twist 223, i have rings and spare 2.5-8 and 6.5-20 Leupold scopes, 62gr Bearclaws and 64gr Nosler Bonded's at 3100+ fps from the 22" barrel would have to do a real bangup job on deer and pigs this side of 250 yards, i intend to find out this season.

Welp, put the little Ruger 223 on the bags last night before dark, the 62gr TBBC and 64gr Nosler Bonded's run an average of 3076 fps over CFE-223 powder in the LC brass, both bullets shot into a bit less than an inch and a half at 100 for 5 rounds, had 8-10 mph variable winds out of the west, firing dew north, groups settled an inch or so right of center at 1.5" high, will be centered close enough in calm winds, and certainly good enough for 250 yard hunting, smacked the 200 yard steel a couple times, little slugs still packing some pretty descent wallop at that range.

There's a monster black russian sow on the mountain that dearly needs to meet my new rifle.

Trump Won!