Originally Posted by fshaw
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
Ridgeline, a Creed and 88’s are going to be giant killers.

I have much love for the 75 Amax 223AI Montana combo, but the Montana is absolutely getting a 1:7 this winter.

What barrel will you use? Factory contour or custom. I have a 223 Montana that I love as well but have been thinking the same thing.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Frank

Merry Christmas Frank.
The two 223AI I built this summer/fall were with IBI Barrels (Canadian company in Chilliwack BC) using their Sporter contour.
The Montane will be a factory dupe of the contour, and a couple inches bobbed off to match the one I have. Balance and handling is exquisite on that one.

I see zero downsides to the 1:7, but to be fair I only shoot 75’s and 88’s out of them. We’re several tons deep into lynx/coyotes/wolves/bears/deer with the 75 Amax out to 500+ yards around here (although the 75 is a little bit too much bullet on canines as you can’t keep one inside them regardless of angle and exits are big. 88’s are even more of the same.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.