With all the guys here saying it works really good and as good as a 30-06, why not just use a .223Rem.? If it works... Like Seafire ,,, the guys using .22 cal. are much more aware of where that bullet needs to go. A weekend warrior deer hunter will not use a .223 Rem. They use " deer rifles". I have a Savage 12 fv in .223 Rem. It is at least 10 lb. gun and I never use it anymore . I like the gun,, with a Leopold 6x18 scope . However, I dont shoot targets much anymore , I'm mostly a bow hunter and fisherman. If I can find a nice light .223 Rem. I will trade the Savage for something practical and will likely use the new .223 Rem. for deer sometimes. My go to gun is a Ruger American compact 18" barrel that is 6 lbs. It works very well for going through marshes , swamps and cat tails . I hunt in trees with a climber so light and compact is best .

Last edited by ihookem; 12/25/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23