Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Use a 55gr Hornady sp interlock. That will take all the guess work out of it. You can burn those 68's up on paper and steel. Won't take very long in an AR.. Stretch that AR out to 4-500 with those bullets and see how they do. You may be surprised.

I killed a half dozen or so deer with the 222 and 55 grainers back when I was a teenager. The only deer since then with a 22 was with my L46 Sako using a 55 gr Hornady SP. All of the above shots produced DRTs. I have several hundred of the Hornadys and have faith in them to do the trick, but just like the idea of a heavier bullet in the AR. My L46 was rechambered from 222 Rem before I got it and has a 1/14 or so twist. The 55 gr Hornady is the biggest bullet it will handle. I tried some of the aforementioned 64 gr WWs in it while playing with the Noslers in the AR yesterday and they missed the 14"X14" target! I found where one of them went through the backing board sideways. However, it shoots the 55 Hornadys into tiny groups consistently.

Naw, I would just love to kill a deer using the Noslers. A hundred yards is all I can safely shoot on my property, and I don't get much fun out of shooting groups after establishing what the bullet/load/rifle can do. I only shot 3 shot groups so as to leave more of the bullets to 'do business' with. IF it turns out not to be a good hunting bullet and IF I back off from using head/CNS shots, I'll plan on hunting yotes with it.