I thought of turning one down from a large blank but it’s not worth my time.. I wanted one with the .750 gas ring step already cut.. but given three are 3-4 different lengths that becomes problematic.

AR folks tend to fall into “look at the brand name” before they try looking at trying to get it down to a 1/4 or less MOA.
Not to mention all the kitchen table gunsmiths who will give you a bunch of BS…

I’ll wait for TWR to show a few compeitions he won.. looks he’s too busy chasing nuts on the internet right now.

Thanks - I’ll check out CLE I hadn’t look at them.

Wilson (on the east coast) barrel maker said they’d do it if I order 30 or more.. they supply WOA.
I just wanted a blank contoured for a AR that I could do the chamber, extension threading & drill the gas hole….
I did check with Proof research as well - but they won’t do it either
- I won a proof barrel at one of the shoots last year - I picked a 6 creed AR-10, but would have rather chambered it myself.

I think most of them don’t want the liability of having someone else screw up a barrel extension with there head-stamp on the barrel - i get it.

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
WOA does sell only finished barrels.
But Krieger & many others will sell you a rifled cylindrical blank that you must do all the finishing on including clambering & installing the barrel extension.

Should be no problem for one of your skill.

Or buy a finished barrel from CLE with one of their 4 different chamber options.......Frank White & his team really do know a thing or 2 about barrels & chambering them right. He has blanks from Bartlien, Krieger, Douglas & Criterion.

MM