I report accuracy from an accumulation of groups. For hunting rifles its generally 3 shot groups but a passle of them. Day in and day out.

Rarely shoot 5 shots in a hunting situation.

The reason I shoot 10 shot groups in the AR, after the ladder and initial 3-5 shot groups confirm, is thats the main use of the AR to us for years is CMP competition, 10 shot rapid fire groups.

Plus when shooting 10-22 shots for score/group it allows me to better see if my groups have shape to them, or flukes... if you know what I mean. I"ll take a rounded out group almost every time over one that has 5-6 in a knot and 3-4 fliers.

Of course most all my AR testing for competition was done at 300 and 600 yards.

Testing at 600 I shot 5 shot groups to test neck tension, primers etc....

But when I had time at matches I would compare the best 2 ammo combos in 11 shot strings one right after the other and do that a lot before you really know whats best.

And it was a dang good way to learn exactly how disastrous switching powders can be to grouping for a few shots until things settle back in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....