Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by bread
i need .5 because it sucks having a gun that aint accurate. i shoot a lot of long range and have rifles that shoot extremly accurate and i want this one to do the same if it is capable. If the gun will do it then i will do it. I will not be the problem. Why would anybody want a gun that won't reach it's full potential. that makes no sense to me. I don't need shooting advice i need barrel advice. i'm new to the ar world but not to the long range accuracy world.

Okay, you're gonna play "long-range" with 220 grains at 1050fps? That is a 100yd cartridge, in case you ain't figured it out yet. With a 220gr SMK @1050fps with a 100yd zero, that bullet will drop TEN INCHES between 250yd and 275yd. With an angle of incidence on the target like that, ANY range estimation will likely result in a miss or a wound.

So, like I said earlier, a half-moa rifle, chambered in a short range round, is completely superflous. You could make a solid arguement for MOA, which most good AR's are capable of, but rejecting an AR barrel 'cause it ain't half-moa capable, chambered in a 100yd cartridge, is silly.

Terry Cross happens to know a wee-bit about LR shooting, he said that a one moa rifle will win any tactical rifle match in the country, if you'll do.

Anyway, you will need a 1 in 8 twist to stablize 220's and 240's, in case you didn't know.

If you'll read the post i said i wanted a 1 in 7 twist barrel that will handle the 240's, i'm well aware that this gun is a 100 yard gun and that is what it will be used for. this is not a long range gun i have other guns to shoot long range. i dont know why it is so hard for some people to understand that with the right parts you can make a good shooting gun. you have so many comments and still havn't made any suggestions that i asked for in my post.