2.3 something or other in .223. No problem for my use. I wanted metal mags with good retention and reliable feeding. Got it.

A new improved mag latch that won’t require filing on some of the three-round mags is on the mail, sent free by Chris at J.O. Appreciate that. If I ever buy another Mini, J.O. stuff will certainly be on the possibles list for upgrades. With a theee-rounder in place, it looks pretty much like a rifle with a floorplate.

[Linked Image]

BTW, while futzing with the barrel channel on my Carbon Mini, I used the old bread bag fastener trick to increase clearance. Wasn’t quite thick enough to totally float the barrel, but it did make enough difference that I went ahead and sanded it out properly. Problem solved. However, the slight difference that piece of plastic made in the relationship between the magazine and the action resulted in the bolt often passing right over the top round instead of picking it up. If I pushed up on the mag, no problem, so it’s a narrow window. Once reassembled without the shim, feeding was fine again.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/31/23.

What fresh Hell is this?