Originally Posted by TxJW
I have the CZ427 mag conversion bottom metal from Jefferson Outdoor and it seems to be the way to go if you aren't going to load longer than factory length. The metal CZ mags are well made and seem to be of the highest quality. For what I am using the mini for, I wanted the removeable mag for that convenience. Its a shame that Howa does not use as high a quality setup as the CZ.

It’s kind of a shame that the market seems to have largely become a race to the bottom, price-wise, but there it is, as evidenced by CZ dropping those nice 527s for modular rifles that are no doubt easier and cheaper to make than the old ones, both mini and full-size. At least the aftermarket options are out there that allow us to upgrade. All the major players now have lines dominated by econo-rifles, and those makeup the majority of what I see in the few shops I frequent.

That JO CZ unit works very well, and I don’t regret the money spent on it and the four magazines I have. I’d definitely recommend getting spares while they’re still available at normal prices. No telling when they’ll disappear. The mags fit neatly in a shirt pocket, a definite advantage for me, as is the flush fit of the 3-round 527 M1 model.

What fresh Hell is this?