Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
It's too bad Howa cheaped out so much with their DBM rig. I was hoping the CZ metal would be a bit longer, but whatever, I dig the rifle but it'll get the JO metal BM soon enough.

Sorta like buying a 700 Rem knowing you’re going home with a box gun that will need modifications to make it better.

But the net cost, out the door, is a lot better with a Howa 1500 than a 700.

As an aside…Anyone thinking that Stick couldn’t have been a world champion at playing Mr. Potato Head is high af. He’s a fabricating phenomenon. Lol

🦫

It's horrible when you buy good [bleep] and have to spend a few 100 more bucks to make it "just right"... Damned Tikka guys just buy em and shoot em.. Bastids whistle

Yeah, like buying all those fancy metal bottoms for AICS mags, when a guy could slut the Tik’s OEM plastique bottom - stuff an extendo Aussie made mag into it for a C-note and rock on.

I’ll just dive under my bed now until Stick gets done shelling my position…Wish me luck, Scott. 😂🦫

HA! The Aussie stuff didn't look too bad for what you paid for it.. I do dislike plastic though. I never had a lick of problem with them, but plain old Tikka mags while reliable suck for retention in my opinion. I hunted lions in Idaho a few years back with the Tikka 6.5 Creed. The rifle was a great shooter and I wanted it for a chance at woofs as well. Having that rifle over my head on sleds and hiking when I needed both hands had me backtracking that nasty sidehill country to recover my mag a few times. Duct Taped them in after that episode.. So, while they work, I never forgave em!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Now that poor little one lunged Ski Doo probably never forgave me...

Last edited by beretzs; 03/28/23.

Semper Fi