Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have been contemplating running some mild loads using my fearsome pile of 6mm bullets with H4895 in my Fieldcraft, 6ARC without the expense of a new rifle and easy on the barrel. The holdup, aside from laziness, is the lack of H4895. Saw a jug a few months ago and let it slip away. I have one broken jug, but am hoarding it for my .30/06.

I've considered doing the same to see how close I can get a 6.5 CM to a 6.5 Grendel. Curiosity was my main motivator....and time was my main source of demotivation.

If you can't find any, take a look in cast bullet manuals and look at 260 Rem or 243 cast load data.

I've been doing this for years... try 4198 ( either, but I prefer IMR's ), or RL 7, or some of the faster bullets..

I shoot the Grendal, and also the 260s...I have two Creedmores, that I have never shot... picked up each one of them for $200 on close outs... hard to pass up a $200 rifle...never know when one might need a loaner, or you know someone deserving without the resources to pay for a rifle... I've given new rifles to 3 veterans over the last 24 months who fit the bill for deserving, need and not enough money...previously bought when on close out sales.

When loading a 6.5 Creedmore or 260 Remi to Grendal specs, not really much difference if at all, between loads for either caliber...
Blue Dot has also been an easily equivalent to make on either yielding Grendal velocity specs...
'

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez