Originally Posted by WiFowler
Stocky's CF mini 2nd came today. Actually pretty impressed. Little bit of CF deformation in a couple places right up against the recoil pad. Pin head size void in the stock just behind the safety. Comb height is better than the factory, at least for me a Kahles CL 3-9x42 in Leupold Open range 1" lows on a EGW pic rail. Barrel channel clearance is even all way down. Again pretty pleased. Gotta take a Scotch-brite pad and knock sheen off the finish though, and maybe a faux-Manners sponge paint.

Weighed the gun - 6# 7.5oz. That's the 22"sporter with Stocky's CF, DIP bottom metal (for now), factory magazine, EGW pic rail and Leupold Open Range 1" lows and a Kahles CL 3-9x42. Certainly could shed a few ounces with Talley LWs but I want the pic rail for mounting a thermal scope.

I'll shoot it soon. More than likely it'll get a chop to 17 or 18" to make it a little handier with the suppressor.
My stock showed up today as well. Your description of the flaws saves me some typing as mines about the same.

Being that I'm a shorter guy, I usually chop butt stocks to a more comfortable length and if I give this one the same treatment it'll take care of the flaws at the butt.

OG bottom metal fit much more easily into this stock than it did the OEM plastic unit. My rifle is chambered in 300 BO and has a medium weight barrel contour that doesn't drop completely into the CF channel, but I was told by a Stocky's rep that I could open the channel to fit.

The dilemma I now have is whether I should open the barrel channel and keep 300BO in this stock, or order one of the Hick's specials in .223 or 6mm ARC and drop it into this stock. My reasoning is that with the medium contour barrel of my 300BO, it doesn't seem to me to make sense because even in CF stock it'll never really be a lightweight package.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile