Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Just bolted the Brownell's barreled action and a Stocky's second together. On the list for another of HPK's bottom metal. It's so good I'll probably end up swapping the one I have back and forth from ARC to Grendel.

It's been a few years since I've played with anything 6mm. Anyone used the Scenar 105 at ARC speeds, out to ~300 yards, on deer? I don't need to reinvent the wheel...it may be hard to outdo the 103 ELDX. I prefer to kill steel with the same bullet that will be hunted...I'm lazy like that.

Jay

I don't have any experience with the 105 scenar in the ARC but I used them for 1 season out of a 6mm Creedmoor. We killed 4 whitetail 2 pronghorn and 1 mule deer with them. I can tell you for a fact that they are pretty darn hard. If you catch shoulders they do very well. Behind the shoulder, expect a pretty good death run as about the only expansion will be in the far side lung.

Out west the farther death runs weren't an issue but here at home it made some problems. I went back to the 108 eld. Just my .02