First impressions of the Howa Mini 6 ARC:

Well, I've had a chance to look mine over. For money, it's a decent value. Stock is decent, albeit Tupperware. If alternatives weren't available, I could live with it - after some paint! (I was able to put a Stocky's second on B/O for $60 off).
Gonna play with the trigger and see where it's at and if it can be lightened. Little bit stiff for my liking.
Pulled the Vortex off it and will trip it here in a couple of days. Got a SWFA and a couple of Leupolds that can take it's place. Ordered a EGW pic rail. Came with Talley, or Talley-like mounts ringmounts. Won't work for me and my thermal scope mount.
Definitely need to chop the bbl. If for no other reason than to get a little bit more of a shoulder for the can to butt up against.

Bottom line, to this point...one could do WAY worse. YMMW.

Edit/Added. No sooner posted this and I got an email from Stocky's with a tracking # for the mini second I ordered and was under the impression it would be a while since they were 'back ordered'. It IS a good Friday.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.