I am an X-er, been working since I was a kid, at first to help Dad keep food on the table, then to sustain myself, and later, a wife and two kids. Took me until now (50) to get to the “good life”. Got a 40 acre place with a formerly run down house I made so much better nobody recognizes it, a nice truck, good tools, nice guns, some cows, pigs and chickens, a good dog, and a job that keeps promoting me and raising my pay. Not bad for a guy who has no degree and was self employed for twenty years, even through the 2008 thing that hurt me bad.

My wife is same as me, worked at helping feed the family as a kid, and we have remodeled three places together and built one custom home and shop from the ground up. She does bookkeeping from home, and we are starting another business right now. Kids are both grown and successful at their own thing, life is good.

Life is good because we worked our tails off to make it so. We had it harder than some, better than others. Still do. Always will. Never bothered to complain, never saw it do anyone else any good….