Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm a Boomer,...spent a decade working at a heavy industry manufacturing plant. The place is loud. The work is physical. Workdays are typically 10 hours with time and a half for everything past 8 hours. Lots of mandatory work on Saturdays at time and a half. Sundays are double time. You're going to be working night shift for many years.

$24 an hour with a good benefit package. It's located in Central Kentucky and they can't find people. With mandatory overtime, after taxes, you can bring home about $1000 a week.

Go get it, millennial.

https://www.cmwa.com/careers

Right on Bristoe and this isn't anything new.
I couldn't find anybody who would come to work Mon. - Fri. , 40 hour work week back in the mid-late 90's. Every trade contractor said the same thing back then, young people don't want to work - no matter how much it pays. Myself I dreamed of finding a summer job between school years [70's], not once did any youts want a job way back then [90's]..
I mentioned the other day a friend/contractor near biloxi , he turned the company over to his two sons, they ran it into the ground in a year. They thought it wasn't fair to have to bid on a job - they should be able to tell a homeowner it's this much $$ and they should have to pay that much.

Any age person who has been pampered throughout their childhood is VERY likely going to be worthless.

Last edited by ol_mike; 03/19/23.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.